The Proactive Parenting chapter suggested an idea of what chores children are capable of doing at each age:
The Adaptive Parenting chapter recommended a couple of resources on developmental progression:
The Collective Parenting chapter suggested further ideas on raising children that can be found at:
The Preventative Parenting chapter urged getting current by reading these and other sites, summarizing and sharing the information with your parenting partners:
· https://store.samhsa.gov/product/Keeping-Youth-Drug-Free/sma17-3772, a US government site providing a range of information, mostly on alcohol, marijuana, and opioids.
· https://www.operationprevention.com/, a partnership effort between the DEA and Discovery Education to prevent drug abuse among children in grades three through twelve.
· A Parents’ Guide to Drug-Free Kids, at https://www.dea.gov/sites/default/files/2018-06/growing-up-drug-free-2017.pdf
· https://drugfree.org/, which is focused on families with an addicted child.
· “Deadly Fake,” an excellent series on fentanyl by the Dallas Morning News in September 2023. You may need a subscription in order to access this, so please search for the topic on their site.
· https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/teen-depression/symptoms-causes/syc-20350985, Mayo Clinic’s information about depression.